Henault sysko chartered
Right of Putative Father to have his Child Bear his Surname

In some instances, a putative father who gains custody or visitation of his child may want the child's surname changed from that of the mother's to his own. Neither parent has a paramount right over the other to assign to the child a particular surname, even in those jurisdictions that statutorily mandate the child's surname initially is to be that of the mother. More...

Disability Planning

An elder individual should consider disability planning when planning their estate. There are numerous tools that are available to the elder individual with respect to disability planning. More... Statutory and Other Types of Marriage A marriage by definition is a union between a man and a woman. Every state has different requirements with respect to becoming legally and statutorily married.More...

International Adoption - Advance Processing

The United States Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recommends that all prospective parents file an application for "Advance Processing" before they identify a foreign child to adopt. Advance Processing is a procedure whereby the USCIS pre-approves the prospective parents' application to adopt a child.More...

Jurisdiction and Venue in Divorce Cases

Venue is the place, county, or geographical area that an action is brought. Jurisdiction deals with the proper court to hear the case and the court's power to hear the case. For purposes of a divorce action, the action is typically filed in the state where the parties have resided for a period of time prescribed by statute. More.

306 Crain Highway, North, Glen Burnie, Maryland 21061.     Phone 410.768.9300     Fax 410.553.0498